ARRI ALEXA 35 Production Set
A new era begins.
ALEXA 35 is a 4K Super 35 camera that elevates digital cinematography to unprecedented heights. ARRI’s first new sensor for 12 years builds on the evolution of the ALEXA family over that period, delivering 2.5 stops more dynamic range, film-like highlight handling, better low light performance, and richer colors.
The new REVEAL Color Science takes full advantage of the sensor’s image quality and provides a fast, simple work flow, while ARRI Textures enhance in-camera creative control. Easy operation, robust build quality, new electronic accessories, and a complete new mechanical support system round out the ALEXA 35 platform.
More accurate colors from bold hues to subtle tones
Introduced alongside the ALEXA 35 is REVEAL Color Science, which is the collective name for a suite of image processing steps that, along with the new sensor, help the camera to record more accurate colors with subtler tonal variations. Skin tones of all types and colors are rendered in a flattering, lifelike way. Highly saturated colors such as those in neon signs or car brake lights are captured with incredible realism, as are typically challenging colors like cyan, burgundy, and pastel shades. Overall, the true-to-life color quality and amazing resolving power of the sensor make for beautiful, immersive images.
More creative control with ARRI Textures – choose your digital film stock
ARRI Textures provide a new and unique way for cinematographers to exert greater creative control on set. A texture defines the amount and character of grain in an image, as well as the amount of contrast at different levels of detail, perceived by the viewer as sharpness. Previous ALEXA cameras were pre-programmed with a default texture, but with ALEXA 35 you can choose from an evolving menu of custom ARRI Textures, either to suit a specific shooting environment or to hone your look. This allows you to fundamentally alter the way the camera records images, much like selecting a film stock.
Super 35 sensor - Wide lens choice, 19 recording formats
With its Super 35 4:3 native 4K sensor, ALEXA 35 can be used with the vast global inventory of existing lenses—modern and vintage, anamorphic and spherical, Super 35 and large format. Filmmakers wanting to shoot with ARRI cameras while having to fulfill 4K mandates now have an immeasurably broader lens choice.
A total of 19 recording formats, incorporating efficient in-camera downsampling and anamorphic de-squeezing, allow productions to optimize data rate, resolution, and other parameters, based on their individual needs.
Mixed Reality Productions (MRP) will benefit from the camera's ability to record lens metadata in all common standards and output real-time streaming metadata to ARRI's Live Link Metadata Plug-in for Unreal Engine.
Fast and easy to use - A single, rugged camera that can do it all
ALEXA 35 is the smallest fully featured ARRI production camera ever, packing the features and processing power of a larger ALEXA into a Mini-sized body. Crews will be intuitively familiar with the simple menu structure; support for 1TB and 2TB Codex Compact Drives; and MVF-2 viewfinder, now with HDR. Fast and easy operation is assured through usability improvements such as a new left-side display and additional user buttons. Temperature resistant, splash and dust-proof, and conceived with future hardware and software updates in mind, ALEXA 35 is the best A-camera, B-camera, and drone or gimbal camera on the market, all rolled into one.
Powering the future - B-Mount, the new 24 V standard
ALEXA 35 utilizes the B-Mount battery interface, an open industry standard endorsed by ARRI and the wider industry. Providing high-capacity 24 V power, but also able to support 12 V, B-Mount offers more efficiency and improved data communication over previous systems. Cross-compatible with camera, lighting, and stabilizer equipment from manufacturers worldwide, it enables productions to streamline their power requirements.
Sensor Type: Super 35 format ARRI ALEV 4 CMOS sensor with Bayer pattern color filter array
Sensor Photosites and Size:
- 4608 x 3164
- Ø 33.96 mm / 1.337"
Sensor Frame Rates: 0.75 - 120 fps
Project Frame Rates: 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 47.952, 48, 50, 59.94, 60 fps
Weight: 2.9 kg / 6.4 lbs (camera body with three antennas and LPL Mount (LBUS))
Photosite Pitch: 6.075 μm
4.6K 3:2 Open Gate
- Active Image Area (Dimensions): 28.00 x 19.20 mm | 1.102 x 0.756"
- Image Circle Ø: 33.96 mm | 1.337"
- Active Image Area (Photosites): 4608 x 3164
- Recording Resolution (Pixel): 4.6K (4608 x 3164)
- Max FPS: 35 fps (ARRIRAW at 4.6K), 60 fps (Apple ProRes at 4.6K) w/ 1 TB Drive | 75 fps (ARRIRAW at 4.6K), 60 fps (Apple ProRes at 4.6K) w/ 2 TB Drive
- Active Image Area (Dimensions): 28.00 x 15.70 mm | 1.102 x 0.618"
- Image Circle Ø: 32.10 mm | 1.264"
- Active Image Area (Photosites): 4608 x 2592
- Recording Resolution (Pixel): 4.6K (4608 x 2592) | 4K (4096 x 2304)
- Max FPS: 45 fps (ARRIRAW at 4.6K), 75 fps (Apple ProRes at 4K) w/ 1 TB Drive | 75 fps (ARRIRAW at 4.6K), 75 fps (Apple ProRes at 4K) w/ 2 TB Drive
- Active Image Area (Dimensions): 24.90 x 14.00 mm | 0.980 x 0.551"
- Image Circle Ø: 28.57 mm | 1.125"
- Active Image Area (Photosites): 4096 x 2304
- Recording Resolution (Pixel): 4K (4096 x 2304) | UHD (3840 x 2160) | 2K (2048 x 1152) | HD (1920 x 1080)
- Max FPS: 65 fps (ARRIRAW at 4K), 100 fps (Apple ProRes at 4K), 120fps (Apple ProRes at UHD, 2K, & HD) w/ 1 TB Drive | 120 fps (ARRIRAW at 4K), 100 fps (Apple ProRes at 4K), 120fps (Apple ProRes at UHD, 2K, & HD) w/ 2 TB Drive
- Active Image Area (Dimensions): 24.90 x 12.40 mm | 0.980 x 0.490"
- Image Circle Ø: 27.82 mm | 1.095"
- Active Image Area (Photosites): 4096 x 2048
- Recording Resolution (Pixel): 4K (4096 x 2048)
- Max FPS: 65 fps (ARRIRAW at 4K), 120 fps (Apple ProRes at 4K) w/ 1 TB Drive | 120 fps (ARRIRAW at 4K), 120 fps (Apple ProRes at 4K) w/ 2 TB Drive
- Active Image Area (Dimensions): 20.22 x 16.95 mm | 0.796 x 0.693"
- Image Circle Ø: 26.38 mm | 1.039"
- Active Image Area (Photosites): 3328 x 2790
- Recording Resolution (Pixel): 3.3K (3328 x 2790) | 4K 2.39:1 Ana. 2x (4096 x 1716)
- Max FPS: 55 fps (ARRIRAW at 3.3K), 75 fps (Apple ProRes at 3.3K), 90 fps (Apple ProRes at 4K 2.39:1 Ana. 2x) w/ 1 TB Drive | 100 fps (ARRIRAW at 3.3K), 75 fps (Apple ProRes at 3.3K), 90 fps (Apple ProRes at 4K 2.39:1 Ana. 2x) w/ 2 TB Drive
- Active Image Area (Dimensions): 18.70 x 18.70 mm | 0.737 x 0.737
- Image Circle Ø: 26.45 mm | 1.041"
- Active Image Area (Photosites): 3072 x 3072
- Recording Resolution (Pixel): 3K (3072 x 3072) | 3.8K 2:1 Ana. 2x (3840 x 1920)
- Max FPS: 55 fps (ARRIRAW at 3K), 90 fps (Apple ProRes at 3K), 100 fps (Apple ProRes at 3.8K 2:1 Ana. 2x) w/ 1 TB Drive | 100 fps (ARRIRAW at 3K), 90 fps (Apple ProRes at 3K), 100 fps (Apple ProRes at 3.8K 2:1 Ana. 2x) w/ 2 TB Drive
- Active Image Area (Dimensions): 16.70 x 18.70 mm | 0.656 x 0.738"
- Image Circle Ø: 25.09 mm | 0.988"
- Active Image Area (Photosites): 2743 x 3086
- Recording Resolution (Pixel): UHD 16:9 Ana. 2x (3840 x 2160)
- Max FPS: 100 fps (Apple ProRes at UHD 16:9 Ana. 2K) w/ 1 TB Drive | 100 fps (Apple ProRes at UHD 16:9 Ana. 2K) w/ 2 TB Drive
2K 16:9 S16
- Active Image Area (Dimensions) : 12.40 x 7.00 mm | 0.490 x 0.276"
- Image Circle Ø: 14.24 mm | 0.561"
- Active Image Area (Photosites): 2048 x 1152
- Recording Resolution (Pixel): 2K (2048 x 1152)
- Max FPS: 120 fps (Apple ProRes at 2K) w/ 1 TB Drive | 120 fps (Apple ProRes at 2K) w/ 2 TB Drive
Exposure Index: Adjustable from EI 160 - 6400 in 1/3 stops
Dynamic Range: 17 stops (2.5 more than with previous ALEXA cameras)
Shutter: Electronic shutter, 5.0°- 356° or 1s - 1/8000s
- MXF/Apple ProRes 4444 XQ
- MXF/Apple ProRes 4444
- MXF/Apple ProRes 422 HQ
Recording Media: Codex Compact Drive 1TB (CA08-1024), Codex Compact Drive 2TB (CB16-2048)
Recording Modes: Standard real-time recording, Pre-recording
Viewfinder Type: Multi Viewfinder MVF-2 with OLED viewfinder display (1920 x 1080) and 4" LCD flip-out monitor (800 x 400)
Viewfinder Diopter: Adjustable from -5 to +5 diopters
Color Output: Rec 709, Rec 2020, Rec 2100 PQ, Rec 2100 HLG, LogC4
- ARRI Textures
- Custom color look (through ARRI Look File ALF4 or ARRI Look Library)
- Manual and auto white balance, adjustable from 2000K to 11000K
- Color correction adjustable from -16 to +16 CC
- (1 CC corresponds to 035 Kodak CC values or 1/8 Rosco values)
- Four position built-in motorized ND filter: Clear, 0.6, 1.2, 1.8
- Fixed optical low pass, UV, IR filter
Lens Squeeze Factors: 1.00, 1.25, 1.30, 1.33, 1.50, 1.65, 1.80, 1.85, 2.00
Exposure and Focus Tools: False Color, Zoom, Aperture and Color Peaking
Audio Recording: 4 channel linear PCM (24 bit, 48 kHz)
- 2x VF custom CoaXPress connectors for MVF-2 viewfinder
- 2x 12G SDI (BNC) 422 1.5G HD, 422 3G HD, 444 3G HD, 422 6G UHD, 422 12G UHD, 444 12G UHD
- 1x LBUS (LEMO 4-pin) for lens motors, daisy chainable
- 1x SERIAL (LEMO 4-pin) for distance measuring accessories
- 1x TC (LEMO 5-pin) for timecode In/Out
- 1x ETH (LEMO 10-pin) for remote control and service
- 1x SYNC IN (BNC) for Genlock synchronization
- 1x RET IN (BNC, switchable on SDI 2)
- 1x USB-C for user setups, look files etc
- 1x Rear Interface (18-pin Pogo)
- 1x Top Interface (5-pin Pogo)
- 1x AUDIO (LEMO 6-pin) for balanced stereo line in
- (line input max. level +24 dBu correlating to 0 dBFS)
- Two built-in microphones for scratch audio
- With Audio Extension Module AEM-1: additional 3x TA3 connectors (MIC/Line, +48 V, AES)
- 1x 3.5 mm stereo headphone connector (on MVF-2)
- 2x SDI (embedded audio)
- 1x PWR (LEMO 8-pin)
- 1x BAT (camera rear interface / battery adapter)
- 20.5 - 33.6 V DC
- 1x RS (Fischer 3-pin) for 24 V accessory power out, start/stop and shutter pulse
- 1x 12 V (LEMO 2-pin) for 12 V accessory power out
- 1x LBUS (LEMO 4-pin) for lens motors & 24 V power out, daisy-chainable
- 1x AUDIO (LEMO 6-pin) for balanced stereo line in and 12 V accessory power out
- 1x ETH (LEMO 10-pin) for remote control, service and 24 V accessory power out With Power Distribution Module PDM-1: additionally 4x 24 V, 2x 12 V and 1x D-Tap
Remote Control Options:
- Camera Companion App
- ARRI Electronic Control System (ECS)
- Web-based remote control from phones, tablets and laptops via WiFi & Ethernet
- Camera Access Protocol (CAP) via WiFi & Ethernet
- GPIO interface for integration with custom control interface
- Built-in WiFi module (IEEE 802.11b/g)
- Built-in White Radio for ARRI ECS lens and camera remote control
Lens Mounts & Adapters:
- ARRI LPL Mount (LBUS)
- ARRI PL-to-LPL Adapter
- ARRI PL Mount (LBUS)
- ARRI PL Mount (Hirose)
- ARRI EF Mount (LBUS)
- Leitz M Mount for ARRI
Flange Focal Depth: LPL Mount: 44 mm , PL mount: 52 mm
Power Consumption: ~ 90 W (Camera body and MVF-2)
Measurements (H x W x L): 147 x 152.5 x 203 mm / 5.8 x 6.0 x 8.0" (camera body with LPL lens mount)
Operating Temperature: -20° C to +45° C / -4° F to +113° F @ 0-95% RH
Storage Temperature: -30° C to +70° C / -22° F to +158° F
IP Rating: IP 51
Sound Level: < 20 dB(A) at 30 fps, recording 4K 16:9 - UHD, Apple ProRes 4444 XQ, ≤ +30° ambient temperature
Licenses: ALEXA 35 Cine License
We can send you a quote on your order or call our friendly staff at 310.450.4365